Coffee liqueur can also be used in baking with spectacular results, so here are a few recipes we’ve tried:
1- FROZEN MUDSLIDE
The Mudslide is one of those cocktails that is often enjoyed as a dessert. All you need to prepare a Frozen Mudslide cocktail is your blender, so you can quickly and easily make several cocktails at once.
A tip: Presentation is key when making a Mudslide. Choose an appropriate glass and take the time to drizzle chocolate syrup inside the glass to really impress your guests.
- 45 mL vodka
- 30 mL coffee liqueur
- 30 mL Baileys
- 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Chocolate syrup
One of the most famous desserts, Tiramisu is a layered chilled cake. There’s no single recipe, but rather variations using a set of base ingredients that can be represented by different products:
- 160 g powdered sugar
- 50 cl water
- 8 eggs
- 1 kg mascarpone cheese
- 250 g ladyfingers
- 30 cl LICOR CAFÉ BELLO BLANCO
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
These quantities are ideal for 6 to 8 diners. It’s best to prepare this cake the day before. Here’s how we made it:
- Crack the eggs and separate the yolks.
- Prepare the mascarpone cream: Mix the sugar and water and cook at 120ºC. Pour the syrup over the beaten egg whites, beating continuously, until it has completely cooled. In a bowl, mix the mascarpone and egg yolks with a wooden spoon, then add the whipped and cooled egg whites.
- In a rectangular or oval baking dish measuring 19 cm x 24 cm (or an equivalent size), place half of the ladyfingers after quickly dipping each one in LICOR CAFÉ BELLO BLANCO.
- With a spoon, cover them with the mascarpone cream up to halfway up the mold’s height. Place the other half of the ladyfingers on top after dipping them in LICOR CAFÉ BELLO BLANCO and finish with another layer of mascarpone.
- Refrigerate the dish for 2 hours.
- Dust the tiramisu with cocoa before serving.
3- LICOR CAFÉ AND CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
Mousse is a French preparation, a soft and fluffy cream. You can serve it alone or use it to fill cakes.
- 350 ml heavy cream
- 35 g neutral gelatin
- 80 g powdered sugar
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 100 ml LICOR CAFÉ BELLO BLANCO
- 30 ml cold water
- 60 ml hot water
- Grated chocolate for decoration
- Pour the heavy cream into a large bowl and use a mixer to whip it.
- While still mixing, add the powdered sugar.
- Once the sugar is well incorporated into the cream, add the cocoa powder and continue beating until everything is well mixed.
- Reserve the cream in the refrigerator.
- Dissolve the gelatin with cold water and then add the hot water.
- Remove the cream from the refrigerator, add the coffee liqueur and the dissolved gelatin in water.
- Beat the ingredients until fully integrated.
- Prepare the glasses or cups you will use.
- Pour the mixture into them.
- Use grated chocolate to decorate the surface of the mousse.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
4- LICOR CAFÉ AND CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
A basic muffin recipe with the special touch of coffee liqueur. Very easy to prepare and very delicious.
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- 135 g unsalted butter
- 215 g brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 ml LICOR CAFÉ BELLO BLANCO
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease 12 muffin molds or use paper liners.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder. Set it aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until creamy. While still beating, add the egg yolks one by one and then the LICOR CAFÉ BELLO BLANCO. Incorporate the sifted dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form (stiff peaks). Gently fold them into the batter until fully integrated.
- Divide the batter among the molds, spooning it in. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Would you like to try making one of these desserts with Licor Bello Blanco?